Monday, May 24, 2010

WWII Marathon

The great TCM is running a two-day war movie marathon beginning on the 28th in honor of Memorial Day. Partly with their help, I'd like to do one myself. I don't always, but I usually try to watch movies in a categorized fashion (i.e. by director, actor, genre, etc.).

I have chosen a small list of WWII films (choosing to focus only on the Great War), which consists mostly of films I haven't seen, but also some of my favorites, allowing me to re-watch and write about them. They are:

"TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH" (Henry King, 1949)
"THE GUNS OF NAVARONE" (J. Lee Thompson, 1961)
"STALAG 17" (Billy Wilder, 1950)
"THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI" (David Lean, 1957)
"DESTINATION TOKYO" (Delmer Daves, 1943)
"FLYING LEATHERNECKS" (Nicholas Ray, 1951)
"SAHARA" (Zoltan Korda; 1943)
"AIR FORCE" (Howard Hawks, 1943)
"BATTLEGROUND" (William A. Wellman, 1949)
"THE GREAT ESCAPE" (John Sturges, 1963)
"BATTLE OF THE BULGE" (Ken Annakin, 1965)

The WWII Marathon should start later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment