Monday, August 23, 2010

What in the Devil?

I can't wait for Drew and John Erick Dowdle's Devil (Universal, 9.17) to come out, not because I'm looking forward to seeing it, but because I don't know if I can tolerate seeing that trailer in theaters just one more time.

I did some mental sifting and I've recalled five separate occasions in which the trailer has annoyingly played before my show. Once before Inception, once before Salt, once before The Other Guys and once more for both The Expendables and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

Has anyone else encountered this? What other trailers have been played ad nauseum this summer? I've also had scuffles with Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (4-5 times).

2 comments:

  1. This trailer is starting to get annoying. I agree.

    However, I do enjoy measuring the different audiences' reactions to when it says M. Night Shyamalan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this trailer about three times in the theater. Over the summer, one of the trailers that really began to annoy me was "The Kids Are All Right." Every time I made a trip to the arthouse theater, that trailer would play, and I could hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete