Friday, August 6, 2010

Trailer: Unstoppable

If Tony Scott's Unstoppable (20th Century Fox, 11.12) is anything like The Taking of Pelham 123, it'll be a big pile of busted parts and screeching brakes and scrap metal. Ever since Enemy at the State, Scott has been devolving into a tirelessly visceral director - the satellite-gizmo imagery, the slightly grainy aqua-green tint, the whirling dervish camera movements, the hyperactive editing, etc, etc.



I'm sure Denzel Washington will make a few phone calls to his wife and kids and then save the day and bring home a carton of milk all the while admiring the talents of the new young conductor played by Chris Pine.

I don't want to hate it, I'm just inclined to believe that I will. Fortunately for Unstoppable, it doesn't bear the tag of being a completely useless and extraneous remake and thus might actually have a surprise or two up its sleeve, but I wouldn't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment