Saturday, December 26, 2009

Clash of the Titans: Trailer #2

By Chase Kahn

The second theatrical trailer for Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans (Warner Bros. 03.26.10) looks unsurprisingly like a Zach Snyder flag-bearer this side of 300, and fits nicely into the March action-tentpole slot that Warner Bros. has been succesful with in the past.

I don't think it looks tremendous or anything, but part of me feels excited for it after watching this trailer a couple of times at home and in the theater. The main reason is my delight in Leterrier's decision to use location-shooting and not slather it in CG-glaze by way of shooting exclusively in front of a green-screen.

And there's no animosity from me with regards to remaking the Desmond Davis/Ray Harryhausen 1981 version, which is dated in the worst way. It was bound and primed for a re-imagining and, Damn The Gods, I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment