Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Taglines Elude

By Chase Kahn

Louis Leterrier's Clash of Titans (Warner Bros. 03.26.10) looks predictably like an aggro-rock, skateboarder update of Desmon Davis' terrible 1981 original. I kind of hate this just-released trailer, but I don't think the film looks terrible and I'm actually as interested as I was before seeing it. I'm a bit of a believer in Sam Worthington (Perseus), and this remake also stars Liam Neeson (Zeus) and Ralph Fiennes (Hades) -- plus, Leterrier did alright by me with Universal's reboot of The Incredible Hulk, starring Ed Norton two years ago. He's one of the few French director's who have made the Hollywood action leap to not embarass themselves.

This is the third year out of the last four where Warner Bros. is slated to release a major action tentpole in the month of March. (Zach Snyder's 300 and Watchmen came before and the director's upcoming Sucker Punch will take the spot in 2011.)

I'm grateful for the apparent use of actual location shooting, opposed to Snyder's 300, which was filmed entirely in front of green screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment