Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bourne Zone

By Chase Kahn

I can't listen to this trailer for Paul Greengrass' Green Zone because I don't have any speakers hooked up in my new location, but it looks and feels exactly like a continuation of the Bourne franchise migrated to Iraq, for what its worth.



I've never been a giant fan of the Bourne series, if only because by the time Ultimatum rolled along, I felt like the series was just spinning its wheels and regurgitating the same plot beats, crescendos and formulas to death.

Of course, with Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum director Paul Greengrass, with his notoriously identifiable filming techniques, and Matt Damon in the lead role, it's not hard to imagine why. Green Zone was delayed until 2010 by Universal and is now slated to release on 03.12.10 in what is quickly becoming the most exciting first three months of any movie year I can recall due to lack of studio funding for p&a, the writers' strike, etc. -- thank you, dwindling movie economy!

No comments:

Post a Comment