Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Warning: This Film Attracts Cretins

So when I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 at 6:45 on a Friday night, I knew my sister and I were in for a contentious, highly attended showing with all manner of lowlifes - teenage boys who wear basketball shorts with their SEC haircuts and their girlie pals who giggle and squawk and go to the restrooms in pairs. 
-
I knew what we were in for, was prepared to face it and yet, I was still caught off guard by one of the the most riotous, disruptive and disrespectful crowds I've ever sat and watched a movie with. 
-
One has to expect a certain amount of audience participation with these late-night horror films, but loud talking and ironic jeers and screams is unacceptable anywhere - I wouldn't put up with it in a private setting with people I know and like. 
-
But what are you gonna do when over half of the audience is misbehaving? Usually, if there is a small gaggle of abusers you can give 'em the death stare or ask them to be quiet or simply move,  but in this case, you're at their mercy, they win - you have to sit back and take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment