Thursday, December 17, 2009

'Alice in Wonderland' Trailer #2

By Chase Kahn

Lots and lots of trailers today, which I'm assuming are all going to play in front of James Cameron's Avatar tomorrow. This latest trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (Buena Vista, 03.05.10) looks about on par with the first, but I'm still too weary of the heavily digitized green screen backdrop to every shot. (Why not just slap Helena Bonham Carter in crazy makeup to play the Red Queen?)

Oh well, I'll still see it. I'm also pretty sure this will open huge. Think about it, it's obviously going to cater to children and their parents, it has name-branding, it has Johnny Depp, and it will undoubtedly receive a boost from the over-16/pot-smoking hipster crowd. Watch. Plus, for some reason, 3D films, even though I don't know a soul who prefers them and seeks them out, are performing very, very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment