Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yuck: 'Amelia' Poster

By Chase Kahn

Nothing about Mira Nair's Amelia -- including this new one-sheet -- tells me that this is something to look out for. Awards-wise or for simple entertainment purposes, it looks like a banal, bland, and yucky biopic.

Hilary "Horse-Face" Swank plays the title role, Ewan McGregor and Richard Gere co-star. Amelia will be released on 10.23.09 by Fox Searchlight. I don't think this will have nearly the success the brand name is looking for.


1 comment:

  1. I had to do a bit of reading on the life of Amelia Earhart in my freshman history class, but I never found her life all that exciting. To be honest beyond a bit of relationship trouble, her flying and disappearance struck me as the most captivating part of her, not to mention her strong female symbol as an image... beyond that though I imagine the movie will be given a full blown Hollywood treatment, for better or worse.

    ReplyDelete