Friday, February 18, 2011

Preston Sturges Retrospective Coming

I've been watching and re-watching a lot of Preston Sturges over the past few weeks and its time that I get another marathon going, so in the spirit of my WWII Marathon, Frank Capra and Tim Burton Retrospective, over the next week or so, I'm going to be rolling out the Preston Sturges Retrospective. I'm very excited to talk about these films, and I can assure you that there will be a surprise or two in the bunch.
-
The highly tentative schedule:
-
Special Introduction (Saturday, February 19th)
"The Great McGinty", 1940 (Sunday, February 20th)
"Christmas in July", 1940 (Monday, February 21st)
"The Lady Eve", 1941 (Tuesday, February 22nd)
"Sullivan's Travels", 1942 (Wednesday, February 23rd)
"The Palm Beach Story", 1942 (Thursday, February 24th)
"The Miracle of Morgan's Creek", 1944 (Friday, February 25th)
"Hail the Conquering Hero", 1944 (Saturday, February 26th)
"Unfaithfully Yours", 1948 (Sunday, February 27th)

No comments:

Post a Comment