Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Addio al giallo

With my giallo horror marathon concluding last week, I'd have to say that on the whole, I was rather disappointed with the quality of the films, or lack there of. There is a quotient of enjoyment to be had with them, but overall (especially watching them in succession) the films seemed consistently adventurous as technical showpieces yet narratively dull and frightfully formulaic. 
-
-
There were certainly exceptions, like the ending of Lucio Fulci's "A Lizard in a Woman's Skin" and the seedy, sexy power plays of "The Forbidden Photos of a Lady Above Suspicion", but I thought Argento's "Four Flies on Grey Velvet" and "Deep Red" really stole the show. 
-
But it's on to new pastures, as I try to fit in as many horror films as I can before next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment