Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The King's Speech Takes the Lead?

I missed the big reaction this past weekend from the concurrent Telluride and Venice Film Festivals, with Tom Hooper's The King's Speech making the biggest splash. InContention's Kris Tapley is a big fan and now The Wrap's Steve Pond is going all in for it to win the big prize.

I'll happily bite my tongue if I'm wrong, but this looks like the yearly British invader, a well-acted historical drama with high-class performers playing real-life characters, where's Michael Sheen? Did Peter Morgan write this?

I have no question that it's a quality film, nice and neat, a well enunciated crowd-pleaser, but I'm not exactly anxious to see it. We'll see. After Toronto all the front-runners will align and we'll see where this is headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment