Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekend - 11/17/10

By Chase Kahn

Well, it's New Moon weekend (or for many it will start tonight at midnight) and the sequel to last year's Twilight will no doubt make big waves at the box-office as predix are ranging from $70 million to $110 million. Apparently, director Chris Weitz loved the experience so much that he's contemplating retirement. Yeesh.

The Blind Side also opens tomorrow and I wouldn't touch this thing with a ten-foot pole. I get this acid-reflux, nauseated stomach thing when I see Sandra Bullock's oddly structured nose paired with her big blonde wig and Southin' accent.

A Sony/Columbia animated sci-fi flick comes out, Planet 51. So, there's that. I couldn't tell you anything about it except that it has green people in it. Opening in limited release is Werner Herzog's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, which I reviewed three weeks ago and admired very much for Nicolas Cage's wacked-out performance. Local opening near me are Lars Von Trier's Antichrist, the controversial horror/gothic/talking fox film from the Danish auteur, and Oren Moverman's The Messenger, the post-war societal grief re-entry drama starring Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson.

I'll be seeing both on Friday most likely, and with influences and personalities outside of my control who like to take advantage of me, I will probably end up seeing New Moon at some point in my lifetime -- just not this weekend. I also want to catch up on Roland Emmerich's 2012 at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment